Armaeth: The Lost Kingdom
Game's Hints-File (help.bat)
collected and typed by Wendy Mann (see note below)
for Mr. Bill's Adventureland
This document contains the complete hints-file's contents in their original form. They were written by and are the responsibility of the developers (Real World Software). All I did was type them up as I found them within the game's hints-file named help.bat. Wendy
Created by Real World Software and published by Grandslam Video Ltd. © 1993
Armaeth was the King of the Dwarf Kingdom. The dwarves and elves were allies. Menankar, Master of dark forces and evil creatures, coveted Armaeth's wealth and sent an invading army of evil creatures to conquer Armaeth's kingdom, but was eventually defeated by the dwarves and elves. The dwarves and elves hid to recover in a secret kingdom, Dol Armaeth.
You are Killian, an adventurer looking for glory (and loot?). Hence, you are looking for the secret entrance to the coveted kingdom of Dol Armaeth.
WARNING: In this game, Killian can die often, so save frequently!!!
This information has been typed out word-for-word from the hints file that is included with the Armaeth game. The original hints file is a hierarchical structure, i.e. drills down through several levels for each hint.
If you need more then this hints file then try the Armaeth: The Lost Kingdom Walkthrough.
- Killian: the character you will be playing in the game, he is an adventurer, looking for the secret entrance to Dol Armaeth
- Menankar: evil master of dark forces and evil creatures; covets Armaeth's wealth. The people hid from him in a secret kingdom called Dol Armaeth.
- Armaeth: the King of the dwarf people, a very wise man.
- Prytwen: an enemy of the dwarfs and a coveter / robber of valuable things
- Minas: a witch
- Dwarves, Elves and Humans
- The Sarhuls: in the pit of Sarhul
- Segomir: in Segomir's lair
- Erin Huviel: a magician / wizard
GAME LEVEL 0: Bear, Magpie, Fire, Torches, Secret Entry
Where is the secret passage?
- look near the dolmen
- ask questions about the dolmen and about all the details mentioned in its description, as well as about all of the visible elements in the image
- take a look at the thorns
- you should remove the thorns to uncover the stone underneath
- place yourself on the thorns and type "pull away thorns"
How to open the secret passage:
GAME LEVEL 1: Prytwen, Prytwen' Chest, The Secret Entrance
What is Prytwen's chest for?
- Prytwen accumulates all valuable objects he finds, in his chest
- If Prytwen robs you, you may recover your objects in his chest
- Letís be logical; Prytwen can put his plunder in his chest only when he returns to his room and if he can open it. If you go back there before he does, or if he cannot open his chest, then ...
How to open Prytwen's chest:
- with the key!
- Prytwen has the key for his chest (at least at the beginning of the game).
- You should knock Prytwen out if you want to take his key
Where is Prytwen's chest
THE SECRET ENTRANCE
- explore the jail, ask for the description of everything that you see there
- look at the walls of the jail
- look at the inscriptions
- you must ask to read the inscriptions
- one of the inscriptions is not like the others
- look at the inscription that is on the wall where the bars are, at the right.
- You must clean the inscription in order to read it
- The inscription says that you must pull the torch which is nearby the throne to open the secret passage.
GAME LEVEL 2: The Dwarfs, The Shield, The Stone Portcullis, Segomir's Lair
What do the dwarfs do?
- they thoroughly search this kingdom looking for intruders
How to stay away from the dwarfs:
- just impossible, the dwarfs explore all nooks and crannies
- the more you leave passages open, the more they will explore, and the less you will see them.
How to eliminate the dwarfs:
- a fight without any weapons leaves you little luck, nevertheless it is possible that you overcome him
- a good weapon would increase your chances of winning
- a good defense would be to effectively protect you
- Have you thought about the shield?
- If you donít succeed in eliminating the dwarfs, it is perhaps better so, they add action to the game and can attack your enemies if it is in their interest.
- The dwarfs have other enemies besides you. Facilitating their encounters may be a way to eliminate one or the other.
Where is the shield?
- The shield is in a humid place
- the shield is in a vertical place
- have you explored the well?
- Go to the entrance which is underneath the dolmen and take the left-hand entrance
- Place yourself against the well and type "down" or hit the plus key (+).
- The shield is in the nook in the middle of the well
- You can't open the nook with bare hands
- The nook's door has not been open for a long time
- You should force the nook's door
- You need a solid object
- You need the axe
- Place yourself against the door and type "break the door with the axe"
- Take the shield in the nook
THE STONE PORTCULLIS
Where is the portcullis?
- in the entrance dome, just below the throne room
What does the portcullis protect?
- the portcullis closes off access to the secret mine of Suhl Aenath
How to open the portcullis:
- the stone portcullis opens and closes by magic spells
- another adventurer had already discovered this secret a long time ago, but he could never use it
- this other adventurer had left the magic spell on a piece of parchment
- find out the parchment and type "read the parchment".
- Haven't you run into Segomir?
- Consult the menu: "Segomirís Lair".
- Explore the underground river
- You will have to wet your feet
- You will even have to wet yourself completely
- you should swim underneath the stone bridge
- explore the bed of the underground river from one end to the other
- the underground river escapes to the right under a rock embankment. This exit is also useable for you.
- Segomir's lair is out of the dwarfs' access
- Segomir rested in a nook
- Look in the chaos room
- The entrance to the lair is in the room with a boulder chaos to the right and a wall to the left
- Segomir's lair is in the nook, the entrance of which is mid-height in the left wall. Place yourself at the bottom of the wall and type "up" or "scale" or hit the minus button (-).
GAME LEVEL 3: The Dwarfs Guards, Minas Thyl The Witch, The Sarhuls, Orichalque's Sword, The Magic Wand, The Spellbook, The Talisman, Invisibility.
THE DWARFS GUARDS
What do the dwarf guards do?
- they guard the mine of Suhl Aenath, their pantry, and a mysterious steel door
How to keep away from the dwarf guards:
- simple! Don't go to see them!
- Their duty forgives them from leaving the guards' room (at least for those who are there to guard
- The dwarf guards in the guard room will not follow you out of this room
- Those who guard the bars or the steel door will not move out as long as at least another guard will be present and alive
- The dwarfs that are not on duty in front of the bars or steel door often nap, when they don't sleep their wine off.
- Unless you are exceptionally lucky, it is almost impossible to leave through the steel door as long as a dwarf guard stays present and alive
- Come into the guards' room and run as fast as you can towards the mine (exit at the door to the right).
How to eliminate the dwarf guards:
MINAS THYL: THE WITCH
What does the witch do?
- Hee hee hee! Lets go human, come close to Minas Thyl, hee hee hee, Minas Tyhl will explain everything to you, just come closer!
- For sure she doesn't like the dwarfs. No one else does either. Maybe the Sarhuls a bit.
- If she recovers her full powers, you will understand quickly!
- She has an object that is essential for you, Erin Huviel's talisman.
What to do with the witch:
- Don't systematically run away from her. You must have some courage!
- Let her approach you
- If she can approach you, she will offer you a pact
- Accept the pact. Find her magic wand.
- Try to offer her another object in exchange
- It is necessary to bring her the wand if you want to easily get the object she has and that you are interested in
- If you give back the wand to the witch, you had better be well armed.
- Perhaps you should try to use the wand before giving it back to Minas Thyl
- The witch will give you the talisman from Erin Huviel in exchange for her wand. This talisman also becomes accessible if the witch is eliminated.
How to eliminate the witch
- she is immortal, you cannot kill her
- as you cannot kill her, you should try to make her disappear
- use her greed
- there is an object that she covets above everything.
- Have you read the description of the objects you have found?
- Minas Thyl would risk everything to get her hands on the emerald
- Did you ask for the description of the lava craters?
- Set a trap for the witch on the crater
- Every trap needs a bait
- The trap is the crater itself, the bait is the emerald
- Put the emerald in the large crater, on the central island. By this way, Minas Thyl will have to walk on the lava to get it and so will trap herself
- You guessed it! You should know yourself how to walk on the lava
- Find the magic philtre to walk on the lava
- Have you read the spellbook well?
- Have you found the bottle of hydromel
- To change the hydromel into the magic philtre, you have to hold the magic wand and the bottle of hydromel, and to invoke the Spirit of Fire by typing "Tehrehanan"
- Drink the philtre of Tehrehanan (type "drink the bottle") and you will be protected from attacks by fire for a short time. It will be sufficient to place the emerald on the island in the crater and go back.
- The lava near the geysers could also eliminate Minas Tyhl, but this is more improbable because it is possible to pass around it.
- If Minas Thyl has already acquired the emerald, then she will leave it now or later at Addanc.
What do the Sarhuls do?
How to stay away from the Sarhuls:
- open the doors and run away, the Sarhuls only ask to leave. However, you will find them everywhere afterwards.
- observe the geography of their cage
- the Sarhuls cave has compartments. There are only two compartments that you obligatorily must cross.
- How to lock up the Sarhuls:
- You must lock up the Sarhuls in the pen. The pen is the compartment at the bottom to the right in their cage.
- It is possible that the Sarhuls will go at the same time into the pen at their own will. With some patienceÖ.
- Attract the Sarhuls into the pen with food
- You must put the ham into the pen yourself
- It is virtually impossible to go by the Sarhuls without magic because they observe you and will attack you as soon as the bars are open
- The problem is that the Sarhuls spot you at first sight
- Obviously, if they can't see you anymore...
- Use the philtre of invisibility. Remember, however, that even if you cannot be seen, they smell you and if they touch you...
How to eliminate the Sarhuls:
What is the Orichalque sword for?
- for combat
- the sword is the ideal weapon to vanquish the dwarf guards
- the sword is feared by Minas Thyl because it is magic, which will give you relative security
Where is the Orichalque sword?
- hidden in a crevasse (at least at the beginning of the game)
- the crevasse opens on an inaccessible rocky platform
- the rocky platform overhangs a precipice to which you can access by the mines of Suhl Aenath
- how to access the platform
- the only access to the platform to the right is by the centre platform
- to go through the bridge, you must carry as little as possible
- abandon all your useless objects on the platform to the left
- it's impossible to jump from one platform to another
- put something across the pit
- find the board, place yourself at the edge of the platform, and type "place the board".
- Place yourself near the crevasse and type "look in the hole", and then type "take xxx in the hole".
THE MAGIC WAND
What is the wand for?
- to give the power to use magic
- to cast spells
- to incite Minas Thyl to give you something in exchange
- to read the spell-book
- to transform the dragon's blood into the philtre of invisibility
take the dragon's blood flask and the wand of Minas Thyl, then pronounce the magic spell "Ezhrimanoth"
- to transform the hydromel into a magic potion that protects from fire
- for the rest ask Minas Thyl
Where is the wand?
- in a steel case
- the case is in a very humid place
- the case is at the bottom of the well
- you must, first of all, empty the well before going down there
- this well is in fact a reservoir which is filled and emptied by a floodgate
- the floodgate is in the inside of the dwarfs' pantry
- the pantry key is (at the beginning) in the possession of one of the dwarf guards
- the spell-book is at Addanc
- the spell-book keeps magic spells for wizards' use
- you must first of all open the spell-book if you want to read the inside pages
- the spell-book can only be read by magicians / wizards
- as you are not yourself a wizard, try to become one
- get the magic wand from the witch to try to read the spell-book
- there are several pages to read in the spellbook
Where is the talisman?
What is the talisman for?
- Erin Huviel made the talisman
- He who possesses the talisman is protected against the enchantment of Erin Huviel
- The talisman is the only possibility to pass Erin Huviel's enchantment
- The talisman is magic, it can be used to throw or break some spells conceived by Erin Huviel
- You need the talisman to recover the crown of the Lost Kingdom
How to get the talisman:
- Minas Thyl has (at the beginning) the talisman
- Minas Thyl will not give you the talisman
- If Minas Thyl disappears perhaps you will be able to get the talisman
- Minas Thyl will exchange the talisman for her magic wand
How to become invisible:
- magic is all-powerful
- only magicians and wizards have such a secret
- the wizards often keep their magic spells in a spell-book
- refer to the menu "spell-book"
- refer to the menu "magic wand"
- once you have the flask of invisibility, type "drink the flask"
How to use invisibility:
- When and where you wish, without restrictions
- When and where you get advantage from not being spotted
- To go through a zone that is defended by vigilant and dangerous guards
- A good choice (not exclusive) is to go through the pit of the Sarhuls
Visit Mr. Bill's Adventureland for help with other games!
For comments, corrections or suggestions for this hints file, send email to Mr. Bill
This hints file may NOT be distributed without the written permission of Mr. Bill
Game-Hints File is Copyrighted © 1993 by Real World Software
Last Updated October 25, 2007
Copyright © September 2007 Mr. Bill's Adventureland
All Rights Reserved